The village of Jegenstorf greatly expanded over the past few decades, growing from 1,000 in the 1950's to over 4,000 inhabitants today. Many of these new residents commute to work in Bern. The church shown here was built in 1514 in the late gothic style.
Iseli's were mentioned a number of times in the early city records from the 1300's, but the current branch of the family traces its origins only to the 1600's. The Family is also noted for running in the 18th centrury a local inn called The Lion.
Owner: Erich Iseli